Patents and Technology
Chemist and Lawyer from the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM). Also She holds a Master Degree in Top Management from UNAM. She is a Certified Licensing Professional®.
Mariana has 12 years of experience in intellectual property. She joined BC&B in 2008, where she has specialized in the technical-legal analysis of IP, technology transfer, technical consulting in regulatory aspects and strategic innovation management systems.
Awards & Recognitions:
- Winner of the “Competition for research works on Intellectual Property 2016” organized by AMPPI
2016 de AMPPI.
- Graduated with honors (Law)
Areas of Practice:
- Technology Transfer
- Technical consulting of regulatory matters
- She is in charge of supervising all the services of the Technology Transfer Office (recognized by the Mexican Secretariat of Economy), including all kind of patent searches/analyses, as well as patent drafting.
Active Member of:
- LESI (Licensing Executives Society International) through LES Mexico (Mexican Chapter), since 2009.
- AMPPI (Mexican Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property), since 2009.
- AIPLA (American Intellectual Property Law Association), since 2015.
- ADIAT (Mexican Association of Directors of Applied Research and Technology Development). Technical Committee Member since 2017.
- AMIIF (Mexican Association of Pharmaceutical Research Industries
Other relevant activities:
She has taught several courses at universities and professional associations. She is a frequent participant in local and international IP forums and regularly publishes articles in different IP specialized media. Co-author of Clever Value®, a methodology owned by BC&B.
Co-author of the Clever Value® methodology owned by BC&B.