Attorney at Law (2002), with postgraduate degree in Constitutional Law from Universidad Panamericana He also obtained and ILEC from Cambridge in 2006.
Juan Carlos joined BC&B in 2004 and has been a partner since 2010. He has almost 20 years of experience in the practice of Intellectual Property, Administrative Litigation, Constitutional Law and International Trade.
Juan Carlos leads the IP Litigation Group, the Trademark & Copyright Group and the Corporate & Commercial Law Group of the firm since 2010. He represents clients in their IP and Commercial global strategies and has represented domestic and international clients in more than 500 litigation cases.
Areas of Practice:
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Constitutional Law
- Administrative Litigation
- Corporate and Commercial Law
- IP Due Diligence
- Commercial Contracts
- International Trade
- Privacy and Data Protection
- Mexican Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AMPPI) (President of the Litigation Committee)
- International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) (President of the IP Litigation Committee of the Mexican Chapter)
- Mexican Bar Association (BMA)
- Intellectual Property Owners (IPO) (Member of the International Trademark Law and Practice Committee)
- International Trademark Association (INTA) (Member of the Trademark Administrators Committee)
Awards & Recognitions:
- Juan Carlos graduated with honors in 2002
- Has been recognized as an “IP STAR” by Managing Intellectual Property in several years including 2017
- Collaborated on the first edition of the book La Propiedad Intelectual y la Investigación Farmacéutica (Intellectual Property and Pharmaceutical Research)
- Collaborated on the first edition of the book “La Ley de la Propiedad Industrial comentada por AMPPI” (the Mexican Industrial Property Law commented by AMPPI)
- Collaborated on the first edition of the book “La Ley Federal del Derecho de Autor comentada por AMPPI” (The Mexican Copyright Law commented by AMPPI)
Other Relevant Activities:
Juan Carlos has been invited to participate in several national and international forums on IP and Administrative matters and has contributed to different domestic and foreign associations with opinions relating to the legal IP framework. He has also been invited by the Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO) and the Japan Patent Attorneys Association (JPAA) to participate in Tokyo and Osaka as speaker in different seminars talking about Mexican Litigation Practice.