Chemical Engineer from Universidad La Salle (ULSA), holds a diploma on Management Skills from
Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios
Superiores de Monterrey (ITESM)
and another in Teaching Skills from ULSA. He was the first professional recognized as Certified Licensing Professional® in Mexico, and in addition he is expert recognized by the National College of Chemical Engineers and Chemists (CONIQQ) in the specialty of Engineering Economy.
He initiated in patent practice back in 1997 and since then, he has acquired vast experience as consultant in the analysis, prosecution and use of patents in industrial fields such as polymers, biotechnology, pharma and electronics among others, as part of BC&B, having participated as expert witness in litigation cases and having been recognized by his knowledge in patent matters in Mexico and abroad, in addition to his practice on technology and intangible assets valuation, negotiation skills, contracts and technology transfer.
Areas of Practice:
- Patent prosecution in Mexico and abroad
- Substantive issues of patent litigation
- Freedom to Operate opinions
- Technology Transfer
- Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT)
- Plant Varieties
- Trade Secrets
- Intangible Assets Valuation
- Knowledge Management Systems
Currently he leads working teams for patent prosecution in Mexico and abroad, negotiating intellectual property assets, technology evaluation and the technical aspects of patent litigation, including the direction of the Technology Transfer Office of the firm which has been recognized under government program PROSOFT 4.0.
- Licensing Executives Society (LES) International (International Vicepresident 2012-2013)
- LES México (President 2012-2013 y 2017-2018)
- International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI). Member of the Pharma and the Trade Secrets Committees
- Association of Directors of Applied Research and Technology Development (ADIAT) Technical Committee Member (2008-2012 and 2018)
- Member of the Academic Council of the Chemical Sciences Faculty at Universidad La Salle (2009-2012)
- Mexican Institute of Chemical Engineers (IMIQ). President of the Mexico City Chapter
- CONIQQ (Engineering Economy Expert)
Awards & Recognitions:
- Miguel Febres Cordero, Br. Medal to the best academic record in his class in the Chemical Engineering program (1997)
- Scholarship to Excellence P&G-ULSA (1995)
- Leading Patent Law Practitioners (Euromoney)
- IP Star (Managing Intellectual Property)
- IAM Patents 1000 (Intellectual Assets Management)
- Leaders League
- IAM Strategy 300
Other Relevant Activities:
He has published articles in specialized Intellectual Property and Technology Transfer magazines with international outreach, and has collaborated in books on Trade Secrets, Pharmaceutical Law and Technology Transfer. He was professor in the Chemical Engineering program at La Salle University for 15 years and he has given speeches and classes on topics of his expertise in Mexico and abroad, as well as modules about intellectual property and/or technology transfer in diploma programs of higher education institutions and in support to societies related to intellectual property, technology transfer and innovation.