Mechanical and Electrical Engineer, specialized in Electronics. Graduated from Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México – School of Engineering.
He obtained a Diploma in Management Skills by the Instituto Tecnológico de Monterrey.
He joined the Firm in 1990 as Systems Manager and became Director of IP Management, automating business processes and designing proprietary software for the firm's own management. In 2010 he became a Partner of the firm and is currently Chairman of the Board of Directors of the same.
Areas of Practice:
- Docketing and maintenance of IP rights
In addition to his activities related to patent practice, where he focuses particularly on telecommunications, business methods and software, he is responsible for the institutional relations of the firm with national and international authorities and associations.
- Mexican Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AMPPI) - President
- Association Internationale pour la Protection de la Propriété Intellectuelle (AIPPI), of which he has been Mexican Delagate since 2011
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Licensing Executives Society. Both Mexican Chapter (LES-México) and International (LESI)
- Inter-American Association of Intellectual Property (ASIPI) where he served as Mexican Principal Delegate during the periods 2009-2012 and 2013-2015
- Asociación Mexicana de Directivos de la Investigación Aplicada y el Desarrollo Tecnológico (ADIAT)
- Fédération Internationale des Conseils en Propriété Intellectuelle (FICPI)
- Intellectual Property Owners Association (IPO)
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- International Chamber of Commerce (ICC)
Awards & Recognitions:
- Patent IP-Star by Managing Intellectual Property (2014, 2015, 2016 y 2017)
- Trademark IP-Star by Managing Intellectual Property (2017)
- Marcasur Excellence Award by Editorial Marcasur (2015)
- Master in Businesss Leadership by the World Confederation of Businesses in 2007
- World Leader Business person by the World Confederation of Businesses in 2017
Other Relevant Activities:
He regularly participates as speaker and moderator in several IP forums either in Mexico and abroad.
He has published several articles related with domain names, business methods and software patents in several media.
He was columnist of the Mexican magazine Alto Nivel from 2015 until 2017. Actually he is columnist of the well-known magazine Entrepreneur en Español.